Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Call out to Canadian runners

After 1030 posts, this would mark the first time I'd actually use a running post for 'work' purposes. At globeandmail.com, we're looking for runners across the country (bloggers, non bloggers) who are interested in sharing tips, their favorite routes. Why? Well, we've just finished a 10K running series (globeandmail.com/running) and no secret really that we have long ambitions -- that is, the next focus will be on half and full marathons. We start up really soon just as training kicks off for fall races.

Anyways, if you're interested, drop me a line in the comments and you can reach me at kyum (at) globeandmail.com.

That got me thinking what my favourite run is at the moment -- after narrowing it down, I think it's the route I take from downtown Toronto to the Beaches in the east. Something about heading out there, where fewer runners tend to go for some reason. You hug the water through trails, pass through industrial lands and soccer fields, and then at the halfway mark you're on the boardwalk where on a beautiful day like last weekend, the beach volleyball courts are full, the yoga by the beach is in full swing and man, you just want to linger, which I usually do, taking an exaggerated gel and water break. But you gotta head back. But that view on the way back of the downtown skyline. Just gorgeous.





Okay, this work post is done. Back to your regularly scheduled blog.

6 comments:

Boris T said...

I am not sure what exactly I'd have to do for ya but I am willing to give it a try.

Marlene said...

Looks like a beautiful place to run! I'll have to start thinking about some of my favourites...

marie said...

LOVE Rosedale Valley Rd. in the morning with the sun peeking through the trees. Always my favorite part of the TO half.

Also Moore Ravine/Mount Pleasant Cemetery/Beltline.

Sam said...

Personally, I'm loving the Don Valley Trail - all the way from the bottom at Cherry street to past Bloor.

Also, the Martin Goodman Trail, heading west along the Lakeshore to High Park - soooo picturesque in the summer in Toronto and packed with runners, cyclists, rollerbladers. The best part of the Scotia marathon!

Yay for the G&M continuing their running series - hopefully it improves a bit! ;)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sent ya an email, but I'd love to hear more about it! :)

Association of University Lecturers and Researchers - Iraq said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful Article