Running and tweeting is not nearly as scandalous, but it can be a little dangerous. You think walking and texting is a challenge. Yes, I've almost run into many a pedestrian who was texting while I was running on the sidewalk.
Texting/tweeting while running is not for everyone. For example:
2009: Back in the day, when Twitter was in a newish stage, we read about that now-famous 'jogger' (what's that) who was tweeting while running, and hit a tree.
2010: Of course, run tweeting has really advanced (er... I guess), like when I decided to send updates while running Boston in 2010. Which leads to one of my favourite tweets ever.
Drinking, running, tweeting.
Love Boston. http://twitpic.com/1gu2gt
2011: Not to be outdone, a man named Joseph Tame decides to deck himself out in mobile gear to 'run' the Tokyo Marathon. Running is charitable, but you get the point:
A few tips about tweeting while running:
- Sending tweets while running is all well and good, but it's better if you can send pictures. Twitpic works great.
- Video is even better proof. It's shaky though. Keep your phone at chest level or higher. Position your phone over your head for a great view.
- Master the one-hand tweet method.. use your thumb and rely on auto correct.
- Keep your phone at chest height so at least in your field of vision, you can see the road.
- Best to have a case for your phone.. Never know if you break it.
- And try to put the phone away some times, running is fun too. You can tweet about the run later.
Yep, that's me tweeting and racing. Okay, I'm stupid.