Sunday, March 25, 2012

Around the Bay: Positive in the negative

So that was fun, started the race pretty exhausted from work, but found my pace, decided to leave the 2:30 pace group around 15K, then brought it home with a great second half. The hill, I barely noticed them. Totally ran this race by my own textbook, steady start, opened after the half, tackled the hills and hammered it home.

And the negative split.

Things are finally starting to turn around for my marathon training. My slowest ATB, but way better than I thought I'd do three weeks ago.

A picture taken by R's dad around kilometre 21/22.



Final time: 2:25:43

4 comments:

Lee said...

Right on! Nice job out there today.

macnic said...

Awesome job today! We totally took your advice to heart and loved this race.

Marlene said...

Stellar race! Congrats! Imagine, ATB in shorts... that doesn't happen often!

The Unexpected Runner said...

Sorry I missed this one! Perfect weather for it...sigh...