So, I ran 10.5K today (6.3 miles) and did it at the slower end of my marathon pace. It felt okay and it's good to be in taper mode. More sleep needed.
In the meantime, while us Canadians wait an extra few days for our brochures, I have a few questions for those who've done Chicago or live there... You know, emergency preparedness type questions
1) Stupid question: When does the sun usually rise? I usually wear sunglasses to races and seeing as i'll be out of the hotel early, it'll be bad (they're prescription shades).
2) Will my Garmin work in the city? (I may bring it anyways to use as an expensive stopwatch)
3) Do they mark kilometres? If so, how often. And speaking of miles, do they mark them every mile?
4) Where can a group of people get carbs (pasta) on Saturday night if they are staying sorta near the starting area. Should we reserve?
5) Any suggestions as to what combination of temperature/sky conditions/wind produces the need to wear long sleeved tops? That will be a big debate.
That's it.. I think I have more questions, but don't want to make myself look that stupid..