Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sleep

This was the first Saturday in recent memory that I got to stay in bed all morning. A little glimpse of post-marathon life? Maybe. The weather was absolutely perfect at about 13C (55F) and bright blue sky with plenty of sun. I decided to go with summer wear with a pair of thin polypro gloves to start out with. A good choice. By the 2nd kilometre, I was at a comfortable temperature and just took the whole run slow.

Ran to the Beaches and back for a total of 19.5K (12 miles). Decided to keep it at an easy pace. Oh yeah, I ran 8K yesterday (5 miles).

Like all of you, i'm getting excited. I'm also a bit nervous. Friends are starting to ask me about the marathon, which means it's really gettin close. I can't wait till we get our brochures in the mail.

Tomorrow is my family's Thanksgiving dinner, so i'm heading back to the homestead (okay, it's a suburb) and we'll do turkey with all the fixins. And i'll bring the shoes for tomorrow's 4 miler at marathon pace.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Ah sleeping in, you're enjoying taper!! Isn't wonderful?!

I think we're all pretty feverish so close to the marathon! =)

runnergirl said...

Ah yes, isn't taper great?!?! And it is wonderful that the weather is cooling off and we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to beat the heat. You are gonna rock that marathon!

yumke said...

Yep, taper is wonderful... I was walking on thewaterfront and kinda jealous of the runners out tehre since it's a beautiful day, but hey, i'm restin..