Sunday, August 03, 2008

Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon: 8 weeks to go

Ah, the recovery week is over, and I'm getting back into the program. The week just past was amazing, not a whole lot of extra sleep but lots of touring, good eating and fun times with R. and other friends. The cooler weather in San Francisco was nice. Here's a pic of R. and I on the cable car.


Here are the runs from the past week
Monday: 5 miles
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles recovering from hangover
Thursday: No run!
Friday: 6 miles
Saturday: 12 miles
Sunday: 15 miles average pace of 7:50 miles

Weekly total: 48 miles (77K)
Year to date: 1433 miles (2307K)

Week to come:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 10 miles
Wednesday: 15 miles
Thursday: 6 miles
Friday: 12 miles with 7 at LT
Saturday: 5 miles
Sunday: 22 miles

I have tomorrow off so I'll do a run, I'm thinking of the 10 miler or 15 miler and take Wednesday off.

I have five more weeks of high mileage until the taper. (70, 68, 70, 63, 68). Lots of trackwork to come, and one more marathon pace run in two weeks. This will take me into the first week of September. Luckily, I guess, I have another week and a bit off mid August.

3 comments:

Arcane said...

Welcome back!

Sonia said...

Sounds like a great vacation to me!! Welcome back to the heat and humidity! lol

Alexandra said...

San Francisco is a fun place isn't it! Nice that you were able to fit some runs in while you were there!