Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oh yeah, the heat...


media1.jpeg
Originally uploaded by yumkerun.
Little do I realize that Toronto's Medical Officer declares a heat alert today. It hit a high of 31 degrees (about 90F).

Among the helpful tips he offers, are:

  • Drink lots of water and natural fruit juices
  • Stay out of the blazing sun or heat
  • Avoid strenuous physical activity outdoors
I arguably adhered to No. 1. The other two, not so.

Oh well, that would explain my tougher than usual 10K after work, which was done in 49:04. I noticed by the second kilometre that the water in my Camelbak was warming up.. And luckily I had it. Tomorrow, I plan a morning run and will take it easy.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Same weather here... we're hit hard early!! How crazy are we to be running in this?!

What camel backpack do you have? Do you prefer it to the belt? That might be my next purchase..

Anonymous said...

that pix does NOT look like toronto. looks like some dubai