Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Flying Pig Marathon: 5 weeks to go

My weekly wrap is two days late cause of my busy racing schedule. As it turns out, I reached my peak week of mileage last week (surprise).

Here was the past week
Monday: 6 miles
Tuesday: 12 miles
Wednesday: 5 miles morning, 12 miles evening
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 18.6 miles (30K) race

Weekly mileage: 54 miles (87K)
Year to date: 535 miles (861K)

At this time last year, I had run 451.5K compared with 861K this year. What a difference.

I have another two weeks go 50ish miles then the taper begins. The next little while includes V02Max workouts, and one race is scheduled.

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 11 miles
Wednesday: 5 miles with strides
Thursday: 8 miles with 5x600
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Race 8K (5 miles)
Sunday: 17 miler

2 comments:

Sonia said...

You've done some serious training this winter, you can only have a serious PB at Pig!!

yumke said...

Thanks Sonia. i'm not sure yet how my overall fitness is for the marathon distance, especially at my goal pace, but I think i'm going to go for a PB.