Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon: 14 weeks to go

A bit behind in my blogging. A few housekeeping items. Here's my mileage from last week, my most ever in a week

Tuesday: 9 miles
Wednesday: 13.4 miles
Thursday: 5 miles
Friday: 11.25 miles
Saturday: 6 miles
Sunday: 18 miles

Total: 63 miles (102K)
Total year to date: 1064 miles (1712K)

Week to come

Tuesday: 9 miles
Wednesday: 14 miles
Thursday: 5 miles
Friday: 12 miles
Saturday: 5 miles
Sunday: 20 miles

Total mileage will be 65. My lord, I don't know how i'll find the time to do a 14 miler and a 12 miler during weekdays but i'll have to carve off a good four hours for that.

Finally, Sonia tagged me a few days ago. I'm not going to tag anyone but if you want to answer, consider yourself tagged.

Sonia tagged me so here goes:

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?
Nonexistent. I ran a long time ago, but not 10 years ago, when I was out of university and just starting my career. Lots of time spent in front of computers.

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?
BEST: Flying Pig Marathon, when I ran my perfect race for the distance. I fuelled up right. I hydrated. I ran strong and consistent and I kicked it home.

WORST: A 5K in 2006 on a hot day when I staggered across the finish line. Not a pretty sight.

3. Why do you run?
For fitness, for time alone, for time to connect with my body. Or these other reasons...

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you’ve been given about running?
BEST: That I should rest and that every run does not have to be hard and the value of recovery.

WORST: To ignore all quality work in my program... I've since learned the value of tempos, LTs, pacers and trackwork.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
Running related: I ran an intraschool cross country race in grade 5 and was hit with a big athsma attack and came in dead last (or next to last). That was really my worst performance...

No comments: