Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lazy Saturday

Spent most of the day lounging around after yesterday's drinkfest. Slept in, had brunch on my balcony, went for a walk. Did about 11.5K today (a 6 miler followed by an extra mile and a bit of strides). It was supposed to be a pace run, in that you have to run the marathon pace. I've chosen a pace of 4:45 kms (7:40 miles), mostly cause my half marathon times have been in the 4:30 range. Anyways, I may end up doing 5 minute kms. As you can see my heart rate spiked above the aerobic 85% zone, and I'm not sure if it's my body telling me to do slower kms or if I just didn't prepare for today's run. I ended up being close to hitting 4:45s and had a 47:38 time.

Tomorrow's long run is a scheduled 8-miler, but I may end up doing 10 miles (16K) just for hell of it.

No comments: