Sunday, July 15, 2007

Marine Corps Marathon: 15 weeks to go

Things are progressing. I've bumped up my mileage and was able to fit in all the scheduled runs. The LT run on Tuesday was successful, the long run on Thursday before dawn was an adventure and the race today was a highlight.

Recapping:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 8 miles (13K)
Wednesday: 4 miles (6.5K)
Thursday: 10 miles (16K)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 4 miles (6.5K)
Sunday: 13.8 miles; 22.2K (16K race)

Weekly mileage: 64K (39.75 miles)
Year to date: 1201.5K (746.5K)

The coming week

Here's my schedule for the next week. I'm planning to do my long run on Saturday morning. I'll be in DC visiting R and would like to get the long run over with so we can enjoy our weekend together. It will be hot, so i'm going to try to get up extra early. Hydration will be critical; in fact, I think i'll do the first half of the run (8 miles) then refill on water, then head back out for another 7.

Monday: Rest/CT
Tuesday: 8 miles with 10x100 (morning)
Wednesday: 5 miles (morning)
Thursday: 10 miles (evening)
Friday: 4 miles (morning)
Saturday: 15 miler (In DC)
Sunday: Rest/CT

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Sounds like you've got things in order - going for another 40+ mile week. You may want to consider re-hydrating sooner than after 8 miles on your long run. If it's nice a cool, this may be ok - but on warmer days, you're better off trying to break this into three 5 mile increments with 2 hydration breaks. Think about it - you'll never run the marathon 8 miles without a drink, if you're smart anyway, right? Just my 2 cents.

yumke said...

Hey, thanks Ryan.. Yes, I intend to bring water with me for myrun. I think i'll actually run out of my supply bythe halfway point, so i'll head back for sa refill.. don't want to head out there without enough.. maybe i'll carrya bottle..