So Jelly, Frankie and I were having an email exchange going today, each of us trying to talk the other into doing various races. No one seems to want to do the HBC 10K on Canada Day (July 1). I was mulling over a quick 5K after work on July 14, but no one else seems to be takers. Frankie's pitching a 30K (19 miler) race on Aug 19 that starts at 8 p.m. and ends in the dark, something about running with glowsticks.. I'm actually considering it now, cause it's the same weekend in which I'm supposed to do a 19 mile long run. Jelly probably won't do it, cause her mileage won't be up to that distance by then. Then, of course, there's the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half marathon that Jelly and I have signed up for, but Frank's not sure if he's in.
Anyways, in short, it looks like the three of us (pictured left) may not race together again until Chicago... But that's The Big Race, right?
Ran my preprogrammed run today of about 5.5K (more than 3 miles).
Off topic, but Jelly has apparently tagged me, but i'm the kid without another friend to tag, so I'll just answer the questions.
Four Jobs I've Had in My Life:
1. Burger flipper and fry guy (Not at McDs)
2. Car wash attendent
3. Lobster plant
B) Four Movies I watch over and over:
1. The Paper
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
4. Joy Luck Club
C) Four Places I have lived:
1. Hong Kong
2. Scarberia (parents)
3. Yonge and Gerrard (downtown)
4. The waterfront
D) 4 TV Shows I love to watch:
2. Any Food Network show.. (okay, most)
4. Channel surfing
E) 4 Places I have been on vacation:
3. At a motel on the tip of Lake Superior
F) 4 Websites I visit daily:
1. globeandmail.com (because I work there)
2. google.com (because who doesn't)
3. 20+ running blogs on my bloglines feede
4. bbcnews.com (because it's the Beeb, you know)
G) 4 of my favorite foods:
1. Dim sum, my comfort food
2. Homemade pasta with homemade tomato sauce, no substitutions
3. Freshly baked baguettes or focaccia (preferrably something I made)
H) 4 places I'd rather be right now:
1. At the end of the long run on a cool, sunny day, at the base of my condo, warming down
2. At a beach and the temperature is right at 27 degrees and there's a breeze
3. In my bed sleeping
4. Anywhere on vacation
I) 4 Favorite Bands/Singers:The next four songs on my Ipod shuffle, but it'd have
1. Bad 80s tunes
3. Rock and roll, from 60s to 00s
4. Anything that's good to play on the final kilometre of a gruelling race.
And i'm not tagging anyone... yet..