Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Footie

Actually, soccer as we call it in North America. In two days, one month of soccer heaven begins as most of us in the northern hemisphere in the New World ignore the fact that the beautiful game will enrapure the rest of the world. Yup, World Cup...

But, of course, I live in Toronto, where Little Italy, Little Portugal, Koreatown and every pub with a somewhat British name will be packed... We, well, some of us, love our soccer.

Which, for this runner and soocer fan, provides this problem. England is playing Paraguay at 9 a.m. this Saturday, which means that this runner will either have to wait till 11 a.m. to to his long run in the midday heat, or hit the streets at 7 a.m. so he can be rested and ready to watch Gerrard, Owen and Rooney (okay, maybe Beckham too) too their thing...

Did my 10K this morning and was about to run 5K after work, but my friend Fitzy called and offered dinner at my favourite Italian resto where I got carbs and he chatted the owner up about World Cup. Then we went to his place to play a few matches on Fifa 2006.

My life will be ruined in the next month. Marathon training and football....

No comments: