- Part of its route is right on my home waterfront course, therefore the equivilant of homefield advantage. I know most of the bumps, the elevations, the painful little hill in the final kilometre.
- It's on Wednesday, which I think I was aiming to make my speedwork days.. no speedwork like a competitive race
- I'm dying to kill the 8K time I had for a race I did last spring, of course, it had tonnes of hills so I wouldn't really be fair to myself...
- I only have a few weeks before it gets too hot to race, so why not throw in a few competitions before I get down to the grueling training. The other one being the highly corporate HBC 10K run on Canada Day (July 1), which also takes place on that same waterfront turf.
- Finally, i'll have more to blog about than shoes and training programs
And the halfway point of this race also happens to be around here, a nice little place to run to.