Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ready for the big run

It's mid week and I've done what I would consider a strong 10 miler and a follow-up 7 miler tonight in a good strong pace. I feel like I have enough cardio to carry me for endurance running. I have a few more days till my last 20 miler, which I'm looking forward to.

I'm going to try to simulate this run a little, make sure I get enough fuel in me and maybe take a pitstop midway to refill my bottles. I'm hoping to run the first five miles in a steady pace and hit some sort of 5 minute kilometre pace by the mid-way point. Would like to run 10-16 in a faster 4:45 then cool down with slower running. Part of me is thinking of throwing in a few extra miles to bring me closer to 35K or 23 ish miles. We'll see.

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

enjoy the last long run before your taper! :)

Marlene said...

Go for it! Weather looks good for a long run - enjoy!