Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taper time

This really couldn't come soon enough this year but I think I'm ready for a great fall racing season. I may even be in better shape than I thought, but I'm really welcoming the taper that began a few hours ago.

Just finished the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon, sandwiched between other miles that made up my 20 miler. I was really happy with the race because I went into it with light goals and kinda made my mind up on the course to first pace, then race. The result was a progressively faster run, the perfect kind. Race report later. Best news is my legs still feel pretty good after today's run.

Here are the race details, but the splits are off because we ran under an expressway twice.

1 comment:

Marky Mark said...

Well done!

Yes, I was hanging at the 19K sign on the right (just before the Gatorade) and was looking for you but didn't see you.

If you had had this weather the time you were trying to BQ at Scotia, you would have made it that day.