Sunday, July 20, 2008

Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon: 10 weeks to go

I watched it rain for most of the day. I had a lot of family stuff to do. I also had to work a bit at home tonight but I finally found a window to sneak in 6 miles tonight. So I'm finished yet another week.

The week past
Monday: 10 miles
Tuesday: 14 miles
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 5 miles recovery
Friday: 11 miles
Saturday: 20 miles
Sunday: 6 miles

Weekly total: 66 miles (106K)
Year to date: 1322 miles (2127.5K)

Uh, yeah, so I've already topped 2000 kilometres for the year. I did the math recently and it looks like by marathon day, i'll be at around 1900 miles. Unbelievable. The last two years, I've run about 1600 miles each year. This will be massive.

Week to come will be interesting. Partly because I'm gonna be on a plane on Sunday morning starting my vacation! So the miles are going to have to come in before I leave. Next week while I'm on vacation will be a recovery week. I'm going to get some miles in but not all of them. I'm going to be on my feet all day when we're in San Francisco. Looking forward to discovering some running trails. Anyways, here's this week's sked

Monday: 10 miles
Tuesday: 15 miles
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: 13 miles
Friday: 7 miles
Saturday: 15 miles with 12 at marathon pace

I may cut Friday's run all together. Also may trim Monday so I can focus on the 15, 13, 15 milers. Fifteen miles on a weekday. That's going to be two solid hours of running time I'm going to have to find.

Looking forward to earning that vacation week.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Have a good vacation! =)

San Francisco is quite the city, hopefully your hotel is in a nice part of the city, unlike where I was!! You'll probably enjoy it way more too!! The Piers and Alcatraz are great. As soon, as we left city, it was moutains, beaches and fun!!

Marky Mark said...

Ah-vacation-something to look forward to but, at the same time, an obstacle in the training and a threat to the obsession (speaking for myself)! I'm off on Saturday for two and a half weeks. That comprises three long runs at the peak part of the training cycle. Scary!

I have to try to get in one before I go and hope to get in at least one of the remaining two while I'm away, even though the locale will be very difficult I think. I can tolerate missing one (as well as some of the shorter ones) but can't let it all fall apart at this point.