Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Scheduling around it all

Ramping it up to the 70 mile a week program means massive commitment. I can no longer make last minute plans with friends, like one who asked me whether we could get together for drinks after work. Nope, I replied, I have a run planned and I didn't do it in the morning.

That seems to be my big problem. I work quite a few hours and I commute back-and-forth that takes up two hours. So today, I had a 13 miler (ouch) planned. You can't really slip in a 13 miler in there. Morning seems way too crazy to get up so early when you consider I leave for work at 6:45 a.m. So evening it is.

Rant over. I know that this schedule and program will make me stronger but i'll have to put a lot more hours on the road.

13.1 miles in 1:45. And I think I'll get my nine miler in about 7 hours tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Arcane said...

Good job so far! I wouldn't be too worried about getting all your runs in, especially this early in the plan. But great commitment.

Sonia said...

You're lucky a 13 miler takes you only that amount of time too! LOL Think about us fellow slow runners!