Sunday, June 03, 2007

Building momentum

It was hot in DC yesterday, but I managed to fit in 8K (5 miles) around the Mall in the early evening. This morning, it was raining, so ran a cooler same distance for 16K this weekend before coming back soaked.

Turns out doing a mid-week long run was a good idea. I've not had three weeks of +30 miles and with three weeks left until the marathon training is set to start, I feel like I may be in okay shape to start pounding out the harder miles.

Weekly mileage: 54K (33.5 miles)
Year to date: 872.5K (542 miles)

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Great base to start the marathon training!

Dave said...

Nice job and a great base... I am unfortunately a little behind still, but have a plan in place to get me where I need to be... I still have a couple of weeks left before training...

yumke said...

Oh, I fell off the bandwagon this week. but it was intentional .. i figure i have two weeks before the training starts, and if i'm goin got get a rest week, it might as well be now..