Sunday, July 02, 2006

Week 17 complete, 111 days to go..


Today was my 18K (11 mile) long run and even though I was up until 2 a.m. and had downed about three beers last night after going to the jazz fest and eating nachos at 12:30, I was up at 7 a.m. The forecast said it'd be going up to 31 degrees (87F) but I knew with the humidity we get in Toronto, the humidex would easily reach 37C (98F). By the way, it's 10:16 a.m. and it says it feels like 35C right now and we got more heat to come.. Oh yeah, the picture here is of the water tower at the halfway mark (with the Toronto sign, gotta represent). Water....

So anyways, nothing like avoiding real pain to get you out of your semi hungover sleep. I drank a lot of water before going to bed so I think I kinda negated the effects of the beer.

I set out to go to my Beaches route, but to head back once I hit the halfway mark of 9K. Took a nice pace, letting my heart rate reach about 78%. Took a gel and headed back and was so happy the clouds came out and made the second half much easier. I think I ran a negative split. Of course, there was the accident that I just noted in my earlier blog posting.

Covered 18.6K (11.6 miles) in 1:37:56. Overall, I had a good week. Did all my runs as prescribed and added a few miles here and there cause I'm able too. The mileage at this point is not bad at all, but there's more to come. Next week's long run is a step-back week before going up to 13 miles.

Weekly total: 60K (37.3 miles)
Year to date: 1,165.5K (724 miles)
Marathon training to date: 113.5K (70.5 miles)

2 comments:

SRR said...

5 hours of sleep? How in the world did you accomplish that run?! Impressive!

yumke said...

I know.. Not sure, but I think i'm used to running on little sleep!