Sunday, January 04, 2009

Out of the gates

First week in the books. I'm contemplating not runing today. I've run seven days in a row and I think a day off is not necessary but I'm allowing myself a day of rest.

Recap:

Monday: 5 miles
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: 5.3 miles (8.63K)
Friday: 7.8 miles (12.5K)
Saturday: 4.2 miles (6.8K)

Weekly total: 31 miles
2009 to date: 17 miles

I think the last seven days has injected some cardio back into my routine. It's time to get training. I'm going to map out a plan and get going. Target this week will be 35 miles and up to 40 the week after if possible. By end of week, i'll select my spring marathon and gear up for a 12 week marathon program. In the meantime, it's back to fitness in a big way.

Tentative road map for the week.
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: off
Saturday: 13 miles
Sunday: 4 miles

No comments: